Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting old sucks

So what I figured out this week is that when I have bad stuff to say, I avoid writing a blog.  Its not that I don't want to share.  I think that somehow my mind thinks that if I don's write it down it will go away and not have happened.
So there has been good and bad this week.  On the good side--2 more visits to the chiropractor, lots of ice and a golf ball have gotten my foot to almost 100%.  I am glad that is now behind me.  On the bad side, just as the foot has healed, I screwed up my back.  It started to tighten up on Thursday--nothing out of the ordinary--just figured I needed to do some stretching etc like usual.  Friday it was a bit tighter--though I still was not concerned.  Saturday I got up and went to the club swim--swimming usually really helps me when my back gets tight.   Well, it didn't.  Now it just hurts.  It's better when I am standing or walking, best when I am flat on my back on the floor, not good for sitting.  When I took the dogs out for a walk this morning, Don had to help me put my shoes on because I can't bend in that direction.
What does this mean for running a marathon next weekend?  Well--I guess my modified goal is to just get to the start line at this point--I think that any sort of performance type of goal is completely gone and I hope the weather is nice because if I get to the start line, there could be lots of walking for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Sue,
    I agree, last decade for me (47-57) has been a challenge. However, the night before the 2010 Boston Marathon, I could not bend my right knee more than 110 degrees. Totally stiff. Ran a 3:35, not a PR, but held my head up. My prediction, you are going to be fine.
    d

    ReplyDelete