Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just What am I eating anyway?

So I am sort of settling into an eating routine--though still doing lots of experimenting and trying new recipies.  I am finding that I am eating 4-6 meals/day.  Four would be on a rest day or day with very light workout and it increases from there depending on the workout schedule. 
Breakfast:  some sort of hot cereal--oatmeal, quiona or mixed with lots of fruit and a little soy milk
Morning Snack--so far I'm finding I only need this on the weekends when I am doing a longer morning workout.  I guess that may change as the season progresses and I have longer workouts during the week as well.   This varies from fruit to nuts and seeds or sometimes a piece of toast.
Lunch - I've pretty much settled on a large green salad with a mix of veggies and usually some nuts/seeds/dried fruit.  I finish this off with 2 pieces of fruit--often apple and banana because they are easy to eat at work.
Afternoon Snack - I always need this.  I guess partly because I have a workout after work almost every day--but even if I don't I still need something.  This varies quite a bit.  Sometimes I do a smoothie or a peice of bread with peanut butter.  Other times its a handful of nuts and seeds.
Dinner - This varies completely depending on what we feel like having.  I'm usually including some sort of rice/legume/beans as part of it and then a variety of other veggies.  Still experimenting with lots of different recipies.
Evening Snack.  this is the one the gets omitted the most depending on the workouts and what time we ate dinner.  It will be small--a piece of fruit, a few carrots with hummus or something like that.

What I have noticed is that it does not take as much to make me feel full anymore.  Eating more frequently does work better and I never get ravenous.  What I haven't been eating is sugar--aside from a piece of cake that 3 of us split at a restaurant a week or so ago, I haven't had anything with added sugar and I haven't even missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment